Monday, November 17, 2003

Open Skys

I think atop my head there lies
An opening to evil skys
Cruel spirits rushing too and fro
They see my aura's erie glow
A channel to a mortal place
And silently they take my space

I feel the presence cold as ice
A cloak around me as I go
The tunnel size is now twice
As evil's mantle does grow
In some past life I must have caused a massive painful woe
For in this life each breathe is pain and peaceful bliss dies oh so slow

In silent night the spirits stir and whisper words in my ear
I don't believe their peaceful sounds, the safety of my soul I fear
All I possess, that which is mine
That mortal man can not buy or sell
My silken chord, my spirit free my open channel to Gods line
Or my entrance pass to fiery hell

The soul is what true makes the man, his honor or his cruel defeat
Titans clashing right and wrong the wounded dieing in the street
I guard it well but aura's glow
And mindless devils always know
Where open channels cross thru hell
And endless grief and sorrow dwell


Copyright 2003 by Linda Arena.
All rights reserved.
Reproduced by Poetry 360 with permission of the author.

No comments: