Sunday, November 02, 2003

Dark Side of My Heart

In the dark side of my heart, where the sun dares not shine
Are locked away in veils of tears, precious memories of mine
In this place of endless pain, I visit in complete dispair
For I know I'll never see the family members locked in there
My heart is broken, never whole, missing pieces tear it deep
Dreams replay visions of old, I cry out loud in restless sleep

I will love my missing heart strings, untill my lifeforce ceases to be
Until then no earthly creature can take my memories from me
Shadow people will I know them as the years do change us so
Everyday missed from their presence makes the monster heartache grow

I do try to lock that part up, where my heart breaks with each beat
But the aching and the anguish sometimes cause a vast defeat
I will never be whole again until we can reunite
Until then I wait to embrace and hold on so very tight

In the dark side of my heart where the heartaches wail and moan
Is where I play over and over pictures, places times to atone
Human fraility, points to ponder, wishes for a heart to heal
Praying reconciliation touches each soul with vast appeal


Copyright 2003 by Linda Arena.
All rights reserved.
Reproduced by Poetry 360 with permission of the author.

No comments: