Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Somewhere Between A Dixie Cup and a Big Gulp


Shopped for a bra today
I’d rather shop for shoes
Victoria’s secret is still one
Because I was clueless.
What a bust.

Room spun around
So confused
Miracles, wonders, angels
Flying around my head
Such lust.

Fluff and satin
Boas and lace
Teddies bare
Were in that place.
A real must.

Somewhere between
A Dixie cup
And a big gulp
Can I be on Victoria’s Honor Roll
With a C Plus?




By Phyl Johnson

Copyright 2004 by Phyl Johnson.
All rights reserved.
Reproduced by Poetry 360 with permission of the author.


2 comments:

Commanderson said...

I seem to have a similar BLOG to yours.
Please visit and see what you think...
Also for ANYONE reading this....good info for everyone.
Thanks :)

http://markanderson.blogspot.com/2004_09_01_markanderson_archive.html

-Evolved_Classic said...

I'm rather appalled on how well I can relate to that text. I like it. I enjoyed the flow mixed with that kind of stagger that comes with the human train of thought (at least mine any ways)

Thank you for sharing your work.
It really made my day.
honestnessism